I used both for Naomi –my vet told me that you could switch right away with no problem – but my vet did not have (because they don’t make it or my vet did not have) prednisolone in pill form, and she gave injections on her muscle – I can call find out if she can get prdnisolone in pill form somhow.. and I will let you know.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2006 10:59 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: prednisolone and prednisone

I would like to switch Lucy from prednisone to prednisolone, since I have read that the latter is better for IBD and is also more easily used by the body and so less harsh on the liver etc.  Someone is willing to give me some prednisolone (my vet does not use it for some reason).  Does anyone know if I can switch from prednisone to prednisolone all at once without problem, and if the dosing is the same?

Thanks,

Michelle