Thank you so much, kerry for the precious information – where did you get your oxgen?  Some places don’t need prescription,,but is there a better place to get it than others.??

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kerry Roach
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 3:24 AM
To: Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: oxygen cage - Hideyo

Hi Hideyo,

I gave oxygen to Lil Rascal for the last 6 months of his life..He had severe congestive heart failure.  I did alot of research on it at the time and found a feline web site that demonstrated several methods to use..I don't know the site right off hand, but will try to locate it..

You can make a cage using a regular kennel..just seal the holes with some plastic or even a towel as you need to leave some vent holes so outside air can get inside.  I had an O2 tank with a regulator on it, but you really need one with the water on it cause you had to keep the air humidfied.  Most small tanks don't have the water attachment so you can put a pan of water in the kennel and that is what I did..You can set it on 2 when you do it this way..

The web site gave several other methods and I was told this by some other people as well..to just hold the tube in front of their nose for about 15 minutes on setting 1. This benefited Lil Rascal alot and on his bad days I would do this several times a day..I would just lay on the floor with him not to stress him and hold the hose in front of his nose ( just under it as it does tickle them some)  It really seemed to help him.  If you can get the cone shape mask that the vets use, it works great and they get more O2.

The third method was to put the tube in the cats mouth, but I don't think most kitties are going to allow that, but they did have one doing it on the site..

It did say that the method of holding the tube in front of the nose would benefit them alot..I have to agree..

Anyway, hope this helps and I will search for the web site.

Take care,

Kerry, Bandy and Inky