Wow, I will have to remember that in case, God forbid, this happens to one of my bunch again.  Thanks!

Diane R.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Leslie Lawther
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 2:14 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Peanut/Special Needs List

We also turned Goliath around from liver failure... the vet said he was sending him home to die that there was nothing he could do.  He said he was one of the worst cases he had seen (Goliath was almost completely yellow).  We fed Goliath every 2 hours for almost 2 months... he got SamE (or the veterinary equiv. is Zentonil) and I SWEAR SWEAR SWEAR by that stuff... I have seen SamE (100mg - it's time release so you can't cut a larger size) completely cure liver failure.   Pat Lamoretti is on this group... and Goliath is one of her rescues... so she can tell you he was almost feral... and now after coming back from near death is a big teddy bear... so don't give up... feed small amounts OFTEN... I fed baby food because he couldn't keep anything else down (make sure it has no garlic or onion powder) I mixed it with NutriCal to give more nutrients that he needed...and dosed SamE.  I set my alarm to get up all through the night... and to this day the vet still is amazed that Goliath not only survived, but is thriving...  There IS hope with the liver...