I am absolutely drooling over those prices......  I am limited (hmph) to two kitties by lease and since I take them to a cat only vet (very very good, I love them) I can barely afford the two!  I love my vets and the care they give my boys, but I know I couldn't afford their prices on the problems a kitty that finds me would have.  Right now, we're coasting smoothly along - Bandit is keeping his weight up and Smoky has no bladder issues (knocking on wood) - but Smoky had.... 4 or 5 episodes of cystitis last winter from Thanksgiving to about Valentine's.  A LOT of $$$$.... especially with 2 visits to the ER...  I live in a moderately small city with a lot of vets and a vet school, so I am lucky in the array of choices available.  But I've done phone surveys of 8-10 clinics to see if I could find a place noticeably less expensive for the 2 physicals and baseline bloodwork.  They were all within about $30 of each other, so why go to a vet who doesn't know them...

Kelley Saveika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think it is going to vary a lot by location.

We have a lot of city subsidized services here.

Since I live in the poor area of town I get free spay/neuter, rabies, and city registration.  I have to take a day off work and get up at 5 am and wait in line.  Supposedly we are limited to 3 animals per person per visit, but I have taken i more.  They will spay as many as they have time to do.   There is another rescue lady who is there every time.

Microchip is $10, fvcrp shot 11, felv shot 10.

I can get dentals for about $30, plus blood work $20..then each tooth that needs to be extracted is $5 to $20.

I know I am lucky.

Echocardiogram from the cardiologist is $340.

My vet does not charge me for exams because I bring him so much business.

We have a compounding phrmacy in town...I just paid $49 for flagyl..ouch ouch..but some people don't have compounding pharmacies near them...