Kris, I'm so sorry Luna had to leave you.  Gentlest of Bridge vibes to him, and comfort to you.  Our Patches came to us as a stray at the beginning of July and left for the Bridge in mid-August, so we barely had time to find out what a sweet little guy he was before he was gone.  It was almost worse than if he had been with us for years because we were trying to learn about this disease "on the fly" and give him some decent "face time" even though we had to keep him isolated the whole time he was here, and going crazy when he stopped eating and knowing we didn't have the resources to take extraordinary measures if they were called for.  It was like his whole time with us was crisis mode, and we would have loved to just relax and enjoy him.  He was older than your boy, probably 3-4 years, and we're hoping he has a chance to come back to us so we can really get to know him.  Maybe your Luna will do the same.

Diane R.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Kris Kulak
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 4:17 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: My Little Luna

My Little Luna didn't make it. He died because I guess of all the stress. His levels had dropped even lower than Friday. He's at peace now. It was too much for him. God I feel awful.

Belinda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You may want to go ahead with the transfusion to buy time, the
epogen can take up to three weeks to work. With Bailey my vet feels it
was mainly the prednisolone that helped with his anemia but we can't say
for sure since he was on both. Bailey started epogen when his HCT was
at 18%, it went down before it went up. He got as low as 15%, but
within 5 or 6 weeks with the epogen and pred his HCT was back up to 40%,
even after he passed it was still at 33%, which is very normal. He
started epogen at 3 times a week and after his anemia was corrected we
went to 1 time a week and very gradually lowered his pred from 20mgs to
5mgs a day over a period of weeks, pred has to be tapered very slowly,
their bodies stop producing it when they get it supplemented in high doses.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties
http://bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candlelight Service
http://bemikitties.com/cls

http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs [non-profit animals websites]
http://bmk.bemikitties.com