Hi Nancy
I have one like that.. He was my 1st FeLV+ and I have had him over 3 years...
He always had gum problems and he has had most of his teeth pulled...
Antibiotics don't seem to help much and he hates them...
I think interferon does help...
However he can't eat anything that isn't liquid...
He will try but after a few bites he screams in pain and runs...
I have been feeding him A/D with a little water and safflower oil...
I have thought about trying to blend some other food to get it very smooth
but he is doing well now and seems to remain otherwise healthy... He eats
the food himself I just have to hold him in my lap and stir it every so often... He might be a bit spoiled but he is a bit afraid of pain and I think he feels safer
to be held... What ever works...
On the Brit side he has seen more than a dozen come and pass on during the
time he has been here....
Tad

Nancy Schneider wrote:

I have had Samantha for i year. I just found out that she has leukemia.
She has red irritated gums and is losing weight. I have 4 other cats
that have not contacted the disease. When I adopted her, I was assured
she was felv negative. I love her very much and I am researching the web
to get info to help her. I am planning on taking her to a holistic vet.
If anyone has any other suggestions....

Nancy Schneider
Management Analyst
Dept of Transportation