It is disturbing to me that the Acemanan is still being withheld from the market.  I'm trying to remember if it was the FDA or dept. of agriculture that was doing that.  This has been going on way too long and I wish there was someone I could contact about it.  I know that Mama Kitty could need that again at some point in the future and it frustrates me to think it might not be available.

Please give Dharma a hug from me - hope she is doing better.

elizabeth

In a message dated 10/25/2006 1:27:17 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Actually, anemia is one of the common symptoms of FIP as well, usually mild anemia, but as the condition gets worse their PCV could drop.. both of my Naomi and Peter were mildly anemic when they were first diagnosed, but Naomi got more anemic – I hate “anemia” – it’s too frustrating – there aren’t many I can do – though I know she is not at a point where she needs transfusion yet.. but if needed, I would try it, and would also try epogen.. I called about Acemanna again as you suggested when I was having a problem with Tsubomi – unfortunately it’s still discontinued temporarily..

Presisolone is one of the treatments suggested for FIP – haven’t used yet – as FIP is auto immune disease, their own immune system attack their body.. I have been giving her moducare as immune balancer.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 12:19 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: OT:Need prayers for my baby Dharma again pleease!!

Hideyo, sending prayers. If she is anemic, wouldn't that be a sign that she has something other than FIP, like leukemia the cancer or something else hard to diagnose (but potentially treatable, or at least manageable for a while with steroids)?

Michelle

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man. ~St. Francis