First suggestion - find another vet.  3-4 weeks is not long enough for her to throw off the virus if she is going to.  My vet recommends 6 months between tests.  Has the boy kitten been tested?

There are a number of ways to boost the immune system,  including high quality food and l-lysine.  Others will be able to tell you more on that.

I had a kitten who tested weak felv+ but came up negative later, along with the rest of her littermates.  So I have no direct experience with felv, but have stayed on this list because everyone is so great.   You have found a good place to be.

Take care.