My sweet Angel Stinky was overweight when I first got
her and could not reach back there to clean herself.
I would have to take her to vet every 3 or 4 months (I
think) to have her anal glands expressed.  Also, my
cat Winston has problems with getting blocked and not
being able to urinate.  Has Antonio been urinating
O.K.  Winston has to be on a special diet for this.
Hope everything is O.K. with your Antonio.

Cindy Reasoner

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm taking my big boy to the vet this afternoon.
> Last night when he got out of the litter box - he
> flopped on his side and looked up at me and cried.
> It really startled me.  I checked him out well and
> asked him what was wrong.  He would just look at me
> and make his little high pitched meow.
>
> I think part of the problem is that he is overweight
> (22lbs but he has maine coon genes, I believe)...and
> I don't think he can reach himself properly to
> clean.  I've noticed that a couple of times and used
> baby wipes for him.  I put him in a nice warm bath
> with kitty shampoo last night and washed him well.
> He seem to appreciate it.  I saw him several times
> in the 'leg of mutton' stance trying to clean but he
> just can't reach.
>
> It isn't often that a kitty will make that much
> effort to tell me something is wrong and so I made
> an appointment because I want to rule out a UTI,
> bowel or gland problems.  I just feel like I
> wouldn't be a good mommy if I didn't have the vet
> look at him.
>
> Any thoughts on what could be the matter?
>
> How can I help my Antonio loose weight?  He eats the
> same as the other kitties -- the rest of them weigh
> between 8-11lbs except for Phelix who weighs 18lbs
> (but is not fat - big kitty).
>
> Thanks,
> elizabeth
>
> *Save the earth. It's the only planet with
> chocolate.*

> Check out the new AOL.  Most comprehensive set of
> free safety and security tools, free access to
> millions of high-quality videos from across the web,
> free AOL Mail and more.

Sponsored Link

Get a free Motorola Razr! Today Only!
Choose Cingular, Sprint, Verizon, Alltel, or T-Mobile.
http://www.letstalk.com/inlink.htm?to=592913