That’s crazy – I am on the FIP list – but please forward this anyway --- titer is uselss – Naomi’s titer was only 1:400 – it does not mean anything.. I know a bunch of kitties who titer turned out to be very small but developed FIP anyway,, I have a couple of dozens of kitties whose titer if over 1:1600 and they are all healthy.. that is a crime of ignorance --- they need to be educated – what can we do to stop --- may be sending out petition or some sort..I will not be able to stand this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gary Murphy
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 7:48 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: What is FIP?

Yup, my understanding as well.  Pretty darn useless test.  Dangerous even.  Somebody wrote in today to the FIP list that the shelter they work at has almost 100 cats and has decided to euthanize any with a titre of 1:1600 or above.  She doesn't know much about the disease, but sounds like she wants some information/ammunition to convince the shelter not to do this.  If anyone here has any suggestions for her and isn't a member of the FIP list, please send them to me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and I'll post them to her on [EMAIL PROTECTED].

Thanks,

Beth