-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jennifer
Phaewryn O'Gwynn
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2006 4:22 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Pippin tested negative on her IFA test ---
plusquestionsaboutSpaying

My vet has a completely different procedure. When a cat goes in to be
spayed or
neutered (even dentals, anything they have to knock them out for), they
stay for
THREE days. Day one, you drop them off in the morning. They do not do
anything to the
cat except let it settle in and stop freaking out from being there.
Morning of day
two, they spay/neuter/dental the cat, and then the cat goes to ICU where
it's closely
monitored the rest of the day. Day three, the cat is fully awake, they
recheck the
cat, do another post surgery exam, check the incisions, etc, and then
you can pick it
up in the afternoon. The cost of the surgery includes the 3 days of
hospital care,
and pain meds. So, it's expensive, but I think they do an excellent job.
Every cat
I've had done there came out looking like a million bucks and bounced
right back
instantly. Tang had extremely invasive dental work done, and even he
came home
looking pretty good (I think he was in more pain before than after).

Phaewryn

Please adopt a cat from Little Cheetah Cat Rescue!!!
http://ucat.us/adopt.html
Low cost Spay&Neuter services in VT, and Emergency Financial Assistance
for cat
owners:
http://ucat.us/VermontLowCost.html
Special Needs Cat Resources: http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html