OK, ya wanna know what embarrassing is?  Try going out to a nice dinner, wait staff reaching over your shoulder constantly to serve the food, fill the water glasses, clear the plates, and only notice when you are leaving that your parrot had pooped on your shoulder.  Sadly, this has happened to me more than once...

I haven't used Odo-Ban for urine odors, but it did an incredible job getting spilled gasoline smell out of car trunk carpet.

Another thought, people are so easily influenced by the power of suggestion, if they know you have cats their brains might tell them "cat urine" when it is actually another odor.  For some reason my neighbor's pine trees on a foggy day smell just like cat pee to me, even back when I had no cats.  I would smell it, then become convinced that some beastie must have found a way into my crawl space and gone potty.  Hubby finally made the connection to the trees...

Good luck,
Beth