Oh dear.  Have you physically put her in the box and "helped" her scratch the litter with her paw, like they tell you to do with kittens?  I guess it doesn't always come naturally.

Our sweet Doyle, no other health issues, is a big fraidy cat.  He's low on the pecking order, so is intimidated by all the others.  Even my mild-mannered Luc has terrorized him from time to time.  Doyle has taken to staying on the kitchen windowsill or on the adjoining counter ALL the time.  We don't know how he eats but he obviously does.  Now he's started pooping and peeing on the floor right below the window, he's too scared to zoom across the kitchen to the 2 other boxes in adjoining rooms.  Tonight we're going to fix up a litterbox under the kitchen table, which is used mainly to keep the Fritos off the floor anyway.  Don't like the idea of a litterbox right in the kitchen, but the pee and poop is hardly less sanitary... We've been carrying Doyle into the living room for a little while every night, and he'll sit quietly for a bit, but we have to make sure to carry him back to the kitchen, because every time he tries to make his own way, Tribble ambushes him.  Tribble has no claws, and Doyle does, but apparently neither of them realize this.

Diane R.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Susan Hoffman
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2006 2:20 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: OT Help, I am so embarrassed

Ember -- my depo-medrol boy with chronic skin allergies -- will pee in the box but poop on the linoleum near the back door (this is the laundry room where we have several boxes).  This was wearing on me....until Hannah arrived.  A sweet little former momcat who will poop wherever she stands.  I don't get it.  The poop is solid.  She's a nice cat.  No one picks on her.  We have 6 boxes in 3 different parts of the house, scooped twice daily.  She hasn't a vindictive or nasty bone in her body.  She was spayed months ago so it isn't hormonal.  It's like she just doesn't understand the litterbox.  (Any thoughts/suggestions?  She is FIV+ but I don't think that has anything to do with it.)  I'm thinking about confining her to a codo cage at night and when we aren't home, and keeping an eye on her when we are around so I can catch her in the act and carry her -- poop plopping as we go -- to the nearest litter box, where of course she will be praised like she had just uncovered the key to attaining worlkd peace.

I wish Hannah was more like Ember.

Susan Loesch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Wish Leader would find the bathtub!!   I am so lucky to have him alive that I just can't get mad at him -- but it is frustrating when there are litterboxes in every room and he doesn't use them -- except rarely!    His latest spot was a corner of a tile bathroom -- not a bad spot...except that I went in there the other day and there was wet all over the floor -- I thought somebody'd fallen in the toilet and dripped water all over, but no, following Leader's poop example, the whole household decided to pee in there.  You would think pee on tile would be easy to get clean but I swear I can't get the smell out!

TenHouseCats <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
ah, yes, the infamous squirts... the one i have doing that now, tho, has the incredible kindness to do so in the bathtub, so it's easy to clean up....