Peggy, I am so sorry.  GLOW to light his path and ease your hearts.

"My cat the clown: paying no mind to whom he should impress. Merely living his life, doing what pleases him, and making me smile."
- Anonymous

----- Original Message ----
From: Peggy Ankney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 6:53:37 AM
Subject: Scooter has gone to the bridge

Our little baby wasn’t strong enough to hold on over the weekend.  The vet called yesterday to say that his condition had worsened.  He was no longer responding to their petting or holding him, and didn’t even stand up during the examination, and seemed to be in much more pain.  She had given him more pain medicine and he was basically out of it.  I asked about the dex cocktail, and she said his kidneys were even more enlarged and felt hard and she didn’t think it would help at this point.  My husband and I didn’t want him to continue to suffer, so we decided to let him go.  We are comforted by the fact that he did find us, as he would have likely starved to death from the mass in his mouth, so at least we were able to help him finish this life in comfort and warmth.  We only had him for a couple months but this little fellow really worked his way into our hearts, and the house seems so much quieter now.  But I am so grateful to him for teaching us so much about this virus, and should another stray kitty come to us we will know a little more about what to do.  I requested a post-mortem in case they can learn anything more about his condition and if there is useful information I’ll post it.  We’re going to bury him in the back yard sometime this week.  Our vet was wonderful and said that we should envision him in his healthy 7 pound body running around free of pain.  Thanks to all of you who have helped us through this difficult time.  Prayers for all the kitties still fighting this disease, and to all of the compassionate caregivers working so hard to help them.