Hi everyone,
   My Jimi Too Cool, 10 year old black domestic shorthair with feline leukemia,
is in his last stage of life, I am sure.  He has been slowly going downhill.
He is just bones with fur and won't eat.  His pain is controlled with
depo-medrol and tramadol and he is not in distress, pain is under control, but
he mostly just sleeps a lot.  Well, tonight he made a break for it and went
outside and won't come in and it is at freezing temp now.  32 degrees, I
believe.  No wind, though.  I have cat-fence-in so he is not straying but I
can't reach him.  Every time I go out to try and bring him in, he runs for
cover under the deck.

   Have any of you run into this problem?  I have heard that cats and dogs like
to go outside to die.  Could that be it, I wonder?  I am so worried about him
as he is so skinny and he is not used to this cold weather.  He can come in,
though, if he would like, as I put the cat door back into the window, just for
him, although I had it stowed for the cold weather until spring.  I am trying
to relax because I know he could come in if he wanted to so he must not mind it
outside.  Sigh....

   Thanks, everyone.

Anne and Jimi Too Cool and Simms and Sophie in MI