From: anne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Saturday, December 16, 2006 2:17:16 AM
Subject: Jimi Too Cool problem

Hi everyone,

   My Jimi Too Cool, 10
year old black domestic shorthair with feline leukemia, is in his last stage of
life, I am sure.  He has been slowly going downhill.  He is just bones
with fur and won't eat.  His pain is controlled with depo-medrol and
tramadol and he is not in distress, pain is under control, but he mostly just
sleeps a lot.  Well, tonight he made a break for it and went outside and
won't come in and it is at freezing temp now.  32 degrees, I believe.
No wind, though.  I have cat-fence-in so he is not straying but I can't
reach him.  Every time I go out to try and bring him in, he runs for cover
under the deck.

   Have any of you run into
this problem?  I have heard that cats and dogs like to go outside to
die.  Could that be it, I wonder?  I am so worried about him as he is
so skinny and he is not used to this cold weather.  He can come in, though,
if he would like, as I put the cat door back into the window, just for him,
although I had it stowed for the cold weather until spring.  I am trying to
relax because I know he could come in if he wanted to so he must not mind it
outside.  Sigh....

   Thanks,
everyone.

Anne and Jimi Too Cool and Simms and