WalMart has a vitamin supplement in a spray bottle in the cat food section..
It samon and other fish oil and etc. but it seems to help one old FeLV+
that has a craving for strange stuff, licking news paper etc.
And it seems to improve the flavor for others that are picky eaters...
I thought my old guy was starting his down hill slide a year ago when he started
the licking.. Some say its a sign of anemia... But I have been giving him
probably double the recommended amount on the label and he is still hanging
in there about the same as he was a year ago with only occasional interferon
and antibiotics....
Tad

Kelley Saveika wrote:

Hi Jennifer,
Thanks for all the great info. I think my biggest question is about them craving what they are missing - mine crave BREAD. If I bring bread into the house I have to lock it up immediately - just putting it in a cabinet with the door closed does NOT work because they will open the door. I think they would rather have bread than anything. But it is bad for them, yes? Being made of grain and all....