Hi Michelle,
Sorry to hear Lucy is having a tough time.  I only have limited experience with
wet FIP, (12 week old Ally) and that wasn't confirmed by necropsy, but Lucy's
symptoms do sound a bit different from what I saw.  Ally never seemed to be in
any discomfort, even when her belly was quite distended.  I found the
inappetance and depression to be less of an intermittent problem, and more of
something that became gradually worse.  She responded very well to antibiotics
for her initial URI, but within a couple of days of being off of it would start
to sneeze again.  Other odd problems cropped up as her immune system began to
fail.  She had teensy, pin-prick black dots of dried blood in one ear one day,
than bright red swimmer's ear a couple of days later in the other ear, then
began to get fevers that became less and less responsive to antibiotics.
Somewhere between the swimmer's ear and the beginning of the fevers is when I
started to notice her belly.  It seemed slightly distended (like a wormy
kitten), and the area just in front of her hip bones seemed slightly sunken in
a triangle shape.  It was very slight, but I was worried enough to mention it
to the vet when I took her in, but the vet just prodded her a bit and didn't
comment.  That was on a Thursday, by Sunday there was no question that her
belly was filling with fluid, the triangle depression was quite obvious,her
spine was protruding, the fever became worse, the antibiotics and steroids were
doing nothing, she was glassy eyed and just wanted to snuggle under my chin and
purr.  This is common enough that FIP is sometimes called "the purring
disease".
I believe that with FIP, once you notice fluid the progression is usually very
quick (Ally was maybe 1-1/2 weeks).
If Lucy is still eating that is good.  Does her spine feels muscled-over and
flat, or raised and knobby?  I think that Ally's belly felt pretty firm.  If
Lucy hasn't had any other illnesses (other than the ibd) lately, is eating and
active, I would bet that it is ibd discomfort and not worry too much about FIP.

Best wishes,
Beth