Sounds like good news that Lucy is gaining weight and feeling good during the day. Lucy is in my prayers.

I have an idea of how you feel. Ember has had intermittent diarrhea for almost the last two weeks. I haven't done much to curb it, other than fast her early on, and I've taken away free choice EVO dry. She gets more wet food to make up for it. One day, we get a perfect poop. Two days go by with nothing, then a huge pretty loose, halfway formed stinky poop (or two; I'm at work so I can't be sure). Anyway, I was agonizing over it this morning. I hate it when my little girl is ill.