7 weeks, or even 4, is pretty good.  I agree that there seems to be  quality
life and that you are doing the right thing. I think you should try  epogen,
though, and see if it helps.  It really seemed to cure Belinda's  Bailey's
anemia, which was not producing red cells, at least combined with  prednisone.
would ask to do the pred as well.

Another thing that has helped one cat on this list was a series of  Acemannan
shots in the stomach, which brought the pcv back to normal. I do not  know,
however, if that anemia was regenerative or nonregenerative.  If it  were me, I
would probably try the epogen and prednisone for a month, and if  there was
no response at all to it, I would try the acemannan.

He is very lucky to have you.

Michelle

In a message dated 1/10/2007 1:09:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,