Oh Leslie thank you! (I gotta tell you lady, I'm crazy about you). Your post encouraging Michelle to visualize Lucy happy and healthy was just perfect. Michelle, you haven't responded to any of this, I don't know if you're too wrapped up in the fear, the research, (the dirt and rock touching stuff), or just think those of us encouraging you to try are, while well meaning, are too far out on a limb to be taken seriously. I think I identified with this, (what?)... this philosophy, detailed in The Secret because I've personally had experience with it working, (like Leslie with the miraculous recovery of Bea and Satch). No one is saying that you don't have to help the things you want along, you are not taken out of the equation, but you have to SEE and THINK and VISUALIZE the things you want as if they are already here, already happening. Lighten your heart as you look for answers. Envision those answers coming to you, and stop worrying about the HOW of it all. Your last couple of posts have you concentrating and visualizing the very thing you want the least. Please, please, please, try and stop yourself from doing that. How can it hurt? Even if it is Lucy's time, you will have saved yourself so much anguish.

Leslie, you ask Hideyo and me to help you out about 'when God says no', :-) (sorry Phaewryn, I use the word as a universal, please translate it to what makes sense to you). I read that and at first blush had no idea how I might respond, but then as I think on it... Because all things have their season; all things that exist must transition; all that lives must die, (and perhaps be born again in one form or another, but that's another discussion), perhaps when we ask for things like prolonging the life of someone ready, (at their soul's level) to cross, it is not in our power to change the outcome because it is that very soul that is sending out the desire to do so and the backing of the Universe is behind that outcome because it is the right time. I can't tell you how many times, something horrible, something that seems so wrong has happened, and yet given enough time and distance from my suffering, I can see the good that came of it. Susan's little lost Jackie springs to mind. Well, that's my take a stab at it from the seat of my pants answer. Ask me again tomorrow. Leslie, you want to be a Quantum Physicist, and it appears I long to be a philosopher. Can we get anymore OT?
Nina

Leslie wrote:
Hello Michelle,
So I just checked out some of "The Secret" movie. I have to say that I am not very New Age. I like dirt and rocks and things that my hands can touch and pick up. I am going to school again getting my science classes - chemistry, biology, physics, etc. - dirt and rocks stuff, and I am constantly amazed at how little we know about all that we know. We know some stuff about the bits that fill the space around us, but the space itself, of which there is far more of than the bits - a mystery. I just watched "What the Bleep Do We Know" this weekend and I was very impressed. It reminds me of the "The Secret" and I would encourage those of you who haven't seen it, to watch it. I want to be a Quantum Physicist now so badly. :) Anyway, this stuff is not "New Age", it's just beautifully simple - like e=mc squared. For the speed of light to be packaged in five human symbols is amazing in it's complexity and simplicity. This is all to say, it these videos make sense and are very hopeful. So, I'm new to this visualization stuff, but with all of your help, I visualized constantly the thread connecting me with Satchmo and Beatrix when they were lost (as did you all - and still, thank you!) and less than 48 hours later they were back with me. So Michelle, please, please don't think about how empty your house will be without Lucy, because what you are visualizing is an empty house full of despair. And what you are sending out is that image. Sit next to Lucy and close your eyes and feel her, listen to her breathe, and see her all over the house for years to come. Look at your hand on her back, the way her fur looks under it, feels under it, and see a sunny summer day when you are petting her asleep in a sunspot. And see next Christmas when she's all cracked out on catnip. See a house full of her and hope in many situations to come. Be filled with the joy of it. Like I said, I'm new to this, so I don't know how death fits in, how we handle it when the universe ignores our visualization. Nina and Hideyo help us there. But whatever you do, please don't see the house empty. That bridge isn't here yet, so keep your eyes on the space in front of you and what you'd like it to look like. I am so New Age, I love it. What have you guys done to me? Hideyo has me singing songs about her cats, Michelle has me filling her house with cat breathe. :) Leslie