Thank you Gloria, if that's indeed what went on, it makes more sense. Why didn't the guy just say, "faint pos"? Sometimes I think they are purposely trying to make us crazy. Either that or they have very little faith in our ability to understand the complexities. It makes me wonder just how much of a concern this must have been to the vet, since he didn't point it out at the time.
Nina

Gloria B. Lane wrote:
If it's the Elisa test, they base on on eyeballing the little circle that appears. If they think they see a faint coloration, might still call it FIV-Neg, but it's maybe really a "faint positive". So it can be rather subjective.. Gloria