Thanks Sally. We never intended having the ones we have. Actually they all arrived at the same time. Seven (2 different litters) were found in a trash dumpster. A lady I worked with brought them to work - she couldn't keep them because she was allergic. We hand raised all seven. I refuse to walk past a suffering animal though. I think that is cruel. I just felt that the humane society lady had no right to quote a law to us. Our 14 cats are all spayed/ neutered, clean, well groomed, have all their shots, don't fight, etc..... You would tell someone they were over on the limit of kids they have, so why pets? I realize I'm probably being too sensitive, but if you don't know how someone lives I don't belive you should assume they have too many pets.

I hope Junior improves. Sounds like you are taking good care of him.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sally Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Mar 9, 2007 11:00 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Opinions appreciated

Hi Debbie,

I do not think they are chastising you. I personally do not intend to add cats, until after Junior passes and I an sure the other eight cats stay clean of the virus. Although things happen. A cat showed up during the middel fo my crisis similiar to yours last fall. He was emaciated and starving. He joined the group and it saved his life.

Ok for the rest of the group, Junior got back from the vet today. I was so hoping to see Dr. Staunton, but she took the week off. Dr Larrick is good but very conservative. Junior has swollen lymph nodes behind his ears and his back legs. Junior otherwise is stable. The Dr suggest we wait and see because his weight is good and no other symptoms. He said the lymph system may be doing what it is supposed to do fight infection. I decided against further vaccinations. What do yall think. Money is always an issue. He is on a good diet he gained back the weight he lost, he gets Petinic, CoQ10, lysine and Transfer Factor Plus. This has seemed to stabilize him.

Thanks,

Sally