Dear Nina,
I've been thinking much about you also..... (And now w/ my vision going so
bad, unless I put you on speed-dial...well.  And, my  "mobility" is also going
to he!!, so it's almost impossible for me to answer  phone..... And, that
portable phone my room mate got me, well, it has TOO many  "things" and I have
great record of disconnecting incoming calls......  I  give up! Think positive
- great idea, but hard to do when  you're steadily going [further] down-
hill.....
After reading your post, I remembered how the vet visit went w/ Bart.......
(I also have a great vet, compassionate but MILES away....He does give me
Rescue Rates - thank heaven)..  When I sadly had Bart PTS he asked me "what
did
I want to do w/ his remains.....I jokingly said I'd put him  in freezer w/
Fred, my [very LARGE] goldfish....We have  been in such a deep-freeze, snow,
sleet...I don't think ground will thaw  'til June!!!!  So, I did have him
cremated,,,,  That fee was larger  than I expected......But, as always, the
critters
come first.
I didn't now how Bart would react - strange place, strange  people......  And
he was in so much pain..  But I did explain to him  "why" I was doing this,
promised him he would be taken care of [NOT what I  wanted, but I've promised
all my critters I'd never let them suffer]. He was so  amazing though.  He did
growl, hiss - but only once. I just stroked him,  "explained" to him what was
going on, and he even let me kiss him!!!!  I  really believe he knew I was
doing the best [only] option.  When the vet  gave him the sedative prior to the
euthanol, well, he looked at me w/ those big,  beautiful eyes - I think
"telling" me, "It's ok Mom & thank you".
And, for Charity's appt., I do have a carrier that has the metal thing  on
top that you can just open, and that will probably be much less "stressful" -
for both her & me.
I'm just concerned about "how" we can draw blood...... She was negative  when
I had her spayed, but she's been out the last 2 years,  And, Bart,  [NEVER
tested], was old, "intact" & had all the textbook symptoms of  wet
FIP........(He was so full of fluids...)  Poor 'ole boy. A lousy  life.  Is it
any wonder I
prefer critters over people?  And believe  me, doing Rescue for so long, the
things I saw, the  idiots I encountered........Grrrr......  I could  go on &
on.  Especially since I just watched Animal Cops  (Heroes).  Ughh......
I'll let you all know how it goes w/ Charity.  I do talk to her every  day,
try to "explain" what we're [trying] to accomplish..... And, yes, she does
trust me so hopefully it will be smooth sailing w/ excellent results....
And, I do use Feliway & RR.  And w/ the Feliway, it's so wonderful  -
stroking this former feral girl.  I actually thinks she actually enjoys  the
touching.......I still can't believe the turn-a-round......Makes me cry,  tears
of
joy. SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!!  This girl had me in ER so many  times!
Oh, I am rambling again, sorry, but I have gotten so much love &  support
from this group, And, it really helps me, emotionally.  I really  need that,
especially now.
So, thank you Nina and everyone for all your support.  You'll never  know how
much it means to me,,,,,
Oh, look at the time.... (Takes me forever to write).
The insomniac is going to attempt to get some rest.  Hopefully  anyway.

Much love, hugs & thanks,
Patti & her gang

http://www.aol.com.