At 03:32 PM 3/21/2007, you wrote:

wonderful!!!!!

Mama Kitty and I just got home from the vet's office. The Acemannan came in (less than 24 hours - that was very good).

I knew Mama was feeling a bit better this afternoon because she did put up some protest about going to the vet's today. They took her temperature and her fever is gone! She got more fluids today.

She was more vocal today -- that is much more like her. Instead of taking us to one of the patient rooms - they took us straight back to where they do procedures and surgery. I've been going there a long time so I guess they know I'm not going to get in the way. Dr. Reid is a wonder about giving those shots that go through the skin and directly into the stomach. The vet tech holds her standing up and he does the shot. My doctor said that actually a shot like this is less painful than one that goes under the skin -- he explained about why and the nerves in the skin, etc.

We're scheduled every Wednesday for the next month or so to come in for one of these shots.

Maybe it is my imagination - but I could swear that by the time we got home - Mama was feeling even better. The first thing she did was have a few bites of salmon.

Dr. Reid is concerned about her drinking enough water so I will be keeping an eye on that. He recommends making ice cubes from chicken stock (not the low sodium kind)....you put the ice cube in a bowl or plate for them. They can play with it - but also they won't drink it too fast. My understanding is that the sodium in the broth makes them more thirsty and so they will drink more water. (I don't think you should use stock that is made with onions because anything from the allium family is taboo for kitties).

So - thanks for everyone who sent well wishes and thought of us. I am cautiously optimistic. Mama Kitty is on the porch sunbathing (since mean ol' mommy made her stay inside today while she was away). We'll keep you posted.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.