How long are you giving him interferon?  If it's been for a few weeks,
is it possible that it is losing effect from antibody?

  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of C & J
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2007 5:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Well, it looks like i'm going to lose Tomi :(

I took Tomi to the vet today to have his PCV rechecked.  He's been
lethargic again lately.  The PCV has gone down to 11 from 17 in the last
week and a half.

I just don't understand it.  After his transfusion, his blood count went
up on its own from 13, to 17, then 19.  Now in the last few weeks, its
gone down to 17, and now 11.

I've been giving him prednisone again for the last week and a half, and
now all the vet could suggest was to up his prednisone from 1 to 2
tablets a day.

I guess his hemobartonella wasn't the only problem with his blood.  The
vet says that its likely his bone marrow is shutting down, and she
didn't think another transfusion would be worth it.

I don't know what the heck else to do.  Maybe I should stop his
interferon while giving him the prednisone.

This is so hard, just when I had a glimmer of hope that he might
actually pull through this, now my hope is pretty much gone :(  It's
such a feeling of desperation to see him slowly getting worse, and not
being able to do anything about it.

Cassandra