I agree with Kelly and Susan, you need to get a trap out asap. Great idea Susan about contacting possible feral groups in the area. You might also want to contact the people at the local shelters who deal with ferals and give them Mattie's description. Do you have a picture of her?

Bless it Hideyo, you adopt out few enough without having something like this happen. I hope it doesn't dissuade you from placing other kitties. Try not to worry, she is probably still nearby and will come out when it gets dark. You said she's a year old, how old was she when she was rescued? Does she have any experience with being on the streets? At least she's spayed, she won't have to fight off any Toms. How far is she from her original colony? I'm so sorry darlin'. I'm doing your meditation and sending all of you calming, positive thoughts on her recovery.

Keep the faith,
Nina
Susan Hoffman wrote:
The adopters need to put out a humane trap, baited with canned mackeral or something along those lines (smelly fish is especially useful but catnip sometimes works when food does not). Put the trap near the window where she got out. She is probably nearby and hiding and will come out when it is dark and quiet to look for food. Are there any feral groups in the area where she escaped? Would help to contact them. She may may her way to a feral colony in search of food.

*/Hideyo Yamamoto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>/* wrote:

    One of the rescued kitties, Mattie who is about one year old, a
    beautiful long hair calico girl, Mattie is missing from her new
    adopted home since last night on the first day -- she is partly
    feral and we desaprately trying to find her again -- she is very
    new to the area as she got out of the house from the screen window
    on the first day -- I put the flyers out everywhere -- she is
    microchiped, but since she is sort of feral, so more likely non
    one will see her during day time or catch her -- please pray that
    we will find her soon and bring her back safely -- here's the
    meditation which has worked for so many missing kitties in the
    past -- please meditate for Mattie as she is such a sweet angel
    and she is sooooooooo scared right now as she has no idea where
    she is and where to find a food -- than kyou for all your prayers
    and meditations in advance!
You imagine a golden coil coming from your heart center
    Searching and probing for missing Mattie!
    Latch onto her like a magnet and guiding safely home to Dawne!
All the prayers are so appreciated.