One not so great thing about my phone call to Pet Food Direct... The woman I talked to suggested I donate the food to a shelter or rescue. Of course I told her that that wasn't a good idea. I certainly wouldn't want some orphan cat or pup eating something that I wouldn't feed my own kids. I have wondered too where all the recalled food is going, (besides the possibility of it being sold as "salvage" food for poultry and stockyards). Even if it is dumped, what about the birds and wildlife that would find it? When I was watching the committee hearings that you and Belinda alerted us to, the question was asked and we were told that it was being warehoused. I find little comfort in the assurances of big business, but I wish someone had thought to ask "and what happens to it when you are ready to clear those warehouses?
Nina

MaryChristine wrote:
has anyone heard anything about a SAFE way to dispose of the bad food? so it doesn't end up being fed to, say, cattle and pigs and other food animals?