My vet puts it much less eloquently.  I go in there at least once a
week all upset saying "I'm doing X, Y and Z.  I don't know what to
do."  He always says "It's a virus. There's nothing you CAN do."
(which is not entirely correct, there are supportive things and immune
boosting things, etc - but he means - you can't CURE it.).

If you can let go of needing to control (and if you figure out how to
do that..well, I am still learning.. but when I can do it I find I do
MUCH better).