Well, Tomi seems to be doing much better after his crash 2 weeks ago.  He is
acting alot more like his normal self, though I think he still is a little
anemic.  I don't understand how his PCV can go so low, then go back up on its
own.  I am hoping all the prayers helped him and he will continue to improve.

I'm weaning him off the Prednisone, and though I can't get him to eat anything
other than chicken liver and dry food, at least he is eating again.  I've tried
about 12 different brands of quality canned foods, plus homemade, and he will
only take a few licks before he runs off licking and scratching himself.

We seem to be destined for only a small break in fortune though, as our oldest
cat, Koda, is now dying.  We found Koda about 12 years ago.  She was emaciated,
and her ears, nose, and feet were frostbitten.  We're not sure how old she was,
but we guess she was at least 2-3 years at the time.

Last summer she was diagnosed with diabetes, which we've controlled mainly with
diet.  Recently, we noticed she was quite constipated, and took her to the vet
for an enema.  She seemed fine up to that point, even though she was
constipated.  When we brought her home though, she wouldn't eat (very odd for
her), and was lethargic.

We took her back to the vet, and she ended up spending 2 days and 2 nights
there.  They said her kidneys and liver were failing.  We brought her home
today, since they couldn't do much more for her.  At least she will be more
comfortable at home.  I don't think she will last the weekend though.  She's
too weak to move, and feels cold.  She is also crying some, and I hope she is
not in pain :(.

I guess i'm hoping she will somehow pull through this like Tomi did.  I just
wish that my family could get out of crisis for awhile and return to normal.

Cassandra