  From: C & J
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 3:51 PM
  Subject: Anyone feed a raw diet to their FeLV+ cats?

  And how has it worked for you?

  I started feeding a raw diet from here
http://www.catnutrition.org/recipes.html a few weeks ago.

  The problem is, i've been having crisis after crisis in my house with my 5
cats, and am wondering if the raw diet has anything to do with it.

  After Tomi got sick with anemia and he and Kisa tested positive for FeLV, I
started out trying the raw diet, hoping to improve everyone's health.

  Well last weekend, my 15 year old cat Koda died due to her liver and kidneys
shutting down.  The vet had no idea what caused it.

  Then early last week, my 9 year old cat Link seemed a bit under the weather,
but pulled out of it just fine.

  Now, Kisa (my other FeLV) is sick.  She's never been sick, and she's almost 3
yrs old.  Yesterday morning she vomited after I put her morning food in front
of her (without eating anything).  She continues to vomit anytime she smells
food.  I've tried all her favorite treats and she won't touch any of it.  She's
been over 36 hours now since she's eaten anything.  Due to today being a
holiday, I can't take her to the vet until tomorrow.  Hopefully she'll be safe
from fatty liver though, since she is a normal weight.

  I'm really hoping that my change to raw food isn't causing this.  My cats
seem to really enjoy the food, and I was hoping that my older overweight ones
would reduce to a normal weight on a natural diet, and everyone would be
healthier.

  If anyone has had experiences with raw food, any input would be appreciated.

  Cassandra