Hi Cassandra,
I can tell you by my recent experience with farm cats
that sometimes the momma is so thankful to be taken
care of and loved that the stress goes away quicker
than we think it will.  I rescued 6 kittens and a
momma from a farm that sounds as bad as the one you
are describing...except the dog liked the kitties...I
worried about the momma after being in a house but she
is doing awesome!!!!!  She loves me now and enjoys
getting petted and loved.  Give your farm momma  a
chance you might be surprised how thankful she will be
that you saved her and her babies...I know my farm
family is thankful!
Good luck
Sheryl

photos & more.