Thanks Wendy, Well-spoken as usual. I know I can't blame myself, but I still
think I should have done something more. At least I tried to take kitty off
her hands, but I didn't press the issue for various reasons (her husband
"likes" cats, I just started this job, etc.).  It's not that she's
intentionally cruel--it's just what she thinks is natural.

In telling me what happened to mama kitty in her trunk, she was just
complaining about the smell in her car--she didn't even think twice about
what a horrible thing she had done. It was just something that happens on a
farm. This lady is rather sweet otherwise--always giving me fresh produce
and such--but I just have such a hard time knowing how callous she is when
it comes to precious little lives. They have cattle too, and like someone
has explained before, possibly a distance between themselves and the animals
is necessary in order to justify the way they make money.

As I've said before, it's so nice to have compassionate, kind people to turn
to on this site. When the world looks hopeless, at least I know there are
people out there who care; I just get blue that there's no one around here
who thinks the way I do. It can be very disheartening. Do you know how many
times I hear: "We have dominion over animals." As if that justifies abuse.

Okay I could rant forever on this topic, so I'll stop now, but thanks again
Wendy. I have to keep my sights on the bigger picture and my plans for a
rescue in the future. A little bit at a time....

Melissa