I agree, Wendy.

The full story is on the Bexar County Humane Society website in their
archives. Maybe 2002. feb. was the month.

We have some photos, or used to, on our Siamese Rescue Ausitn branch
website.

Princess Purrla is not in the photos, she is camera shy.

It was an eye opening experience for me, the first of many situations I
found myself in, when working in a shelter and being "on call" to help.

One of the important things was, when Sheila, (Dr. Smith's wife) Julia w/
ASR & 2 other co workers went to the SA shelter help them, it was important
to make that their Staff was taken care of too.

They were out trapping the cats, and we went there everyday from Asutin
(once again, in really bad icey weather, unusual for this part of the
country), and we would intake the cats straight from the traps and bathe
them (they were covered in blood, mud & feces), draw blood for testing,
lance abcesses (many had these, even form injection sites or from being
bitten by each other, they were canabalizing), and imputing the info into
the database.

The rest of their clinic staff still had to perform the day to day ops of
the shelter, since it is a fairly big shelter.

In otherwords, we drove down to do the dirty work for them, the staff was
"punch drunk" from  the whole incident.

That's what it is about, teamwork.......

And making sure people are taking care of themselves, too.

Susan J. DuBose  >^..^<
www.PetGirlsPetsitting.com
www.Tx.SiameseRescue.org
www.shadowcats.net