I'm wondering, and I can't seem to find this information....if cats are exposed
to the FeLV virus and fight it off (don't become infected), do they develop an
immunity to it, as if they had a vaccination?

I know my 9 and 12 year old cats must have been exposed to the virus many
times.  They lived in close proximity to Tomi and Kisa for 2.5 years.  They
licked out each other's dishes, used the same litterboxes, etc.

They both tested negative for the virus in March, and I am curious if they will
have developed an immunity to it, or do they need to fight the virus every time
they are exposed?

Basically i'm wondering if I were to take in more cats with an unknown history
(may or may not have FeLV), if I should have my two older cats vaccinated.

I want to have the two retested for FeLV again as well to make sure they didn't
pick it up in the last few months.  How long would one need to wait to make
sure they are negative?

Cassandra