  From: Susan Dubose
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 1:00 PM
  Subject: Re: Isabella update and homeopathic recommendations

  Laura,

  I was @ my vet this morning, so I went ahead and picked up a package of
Missiing Link.

  I have been meaning to try it on my felv+ gang, as well as work it into my
other group of kitties eventually.

  Right now the nonfelv cats just get the brewer's yeast sprinkled on top of
their dry food, which again is the Evo mixed w/ Core.

  Ok, both formulas say "veterinary formula" on the package.

  One package is gold, while the "professional strength" is on a silver package.

  The professional strength says it is for "Recovery & Detoxification".

  This is only available @ the vet's.

  I didn't have time @ the vet office to compare both packages to see what the
ingredient difference was.

  But listed they have probiotics, carrot & alfalfa powder, yeast, freeze dried
beef liver, kelp, dandalion root, garlic, yucca as well as spirulina.

  I am interested most in the spirulina, I take that and I believe it helps me.

  A friend of mine had a felv+ cat that she gave spirulina to years ago, and
the vet was amazed that he threw the virus.

  Hard to tell if he was just one of those cats that does, or if the spirulina
actually helped.

  Another friend had a kitty that ate some of the bad pouch Nutro food that was
going around, and went into renal failure @ the age of 3 years.

  He recovered after 2 weeks @ the vet and lots of sub Q's helped, but she also
mixed up a batch of spirulina and some other things for him to get.

  She gave it to him orally, it was a liquid.

  Not sure how he is doing, I need to call her and see what it is that she was
giving him.

  I paid $21. for one pound of supplement,must be kept in the fridge after
opening & use within 90 days.

  I will let you know if I see any difference in my felv+ cats, which as of now
(knock on wood) are not symptomatic.

  Susan J. DuBose  >^..^<
  www.PetGirlsPetsitting.com
  www.Tx.SiameseRescue.org