  From: Caroline Kaufmann
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 11:08 AM
  Subject: Re: OT: Flea Control for colony/street cats, heat and other issues

  My mom worries about the chemicals- the sprays and the flea powders.  She
thinks they aren't safe.  Anyone else's thought?  The Advantage is supposed to
be super-safe though.

  I checked on Lil Girl many times yesterday after I treated her with
Advantage- to make sure she's not having a reaction (she's not).  I have been
putting ice (and pet calm) in their water.  But I work during the day, so I
can't always change it out until the evening.  There is a wooded area right at
the end of the street (I am the third to last house at the bottom of a hill,
near the woods) and there's no sun in there and the temp is markedly cooler.
They disappear during the hottest part of the day, so they may be going there-
I hope so.

  I did order HomeoPet from the website Susan Dubose recommended- Lambriar.
It's a hook, round and tape dewormer and it's supposed to be a natural
intestinal cleanser liquid you can add to their food.  If anyone has tried
it/heard of it, let me know.

  I also may be moving soon, so I guess I am just trying to do what I can for
them now.  I don't want to leave the street cats, but I rent the house I live
in now.

   -Caroline