Hi Caroline,

The fact that this kitty is in bad shape and that there are no signs looking
for her to me says that she wasn't necessarily neglected, but maybe she's been
lost for quite a while and hope may have been given up in looking for this cat.
 The right thing to do would be to try to find out who the family is and go
from there, keeping in mind that this kitty MIGHT not have been taken good care
of, but not necessarily.  What if it were your cat and you had been looking for
her for two months and had given up hope?  You would certainly still want to
find her if you could, but after so long, the chances are pretty slim.  There
are quite a few online lost pet sites that I would look through.  Here are a
few that I found:

http://www.lost-pets.org/
http://www.findthatpet.com/?gclid=CLmrnf2C5I0CFRjBWAod8AiL0w
http://www.lostyourpet.net/default.aspx?countryid=2&gclid=CIuP7ZaD5I0CFQcdYwodfkJv0w
http://www.petclub.org/
http://www.lostapet.org/
http://www.lostandfound.com/
http://www.petfinder.com/

Bless you for taking this sweet kitty in.  Monkee would be so proud of you!
She is lucky that you found her.  It would probably not hurt her at all to have
subQ fluids, if you know how to do it.  It's really easy.  Is she drinking
enough water?  Also, you might think about boiling her some chicken and letting
her drink the broth from that, and mixing chopped boiled chicken in with her
food.  She probably would love that.  Thank goodness that she is eating and
pooping good.  That is wonderful!!!
:)
Wendy

world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"     ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~