From: wendy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: OT: Advice for Malnourished, Rescued cat
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 11:37:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Caroline,

The fact that this kitty is in bad shape and that there are no signs looking for her to me says that she wasn't necessarily neglected, but maybe she's been lost for quite a while and hope may have been given up in looking for this cat.  The right thing to do would be to try to find out who the family is and go from there, keeping in mind that this kitty MIGHT not have been taken good care of, but not necessarily.  What if it were your cat and you had been looking for her for two months and had given up hope?  You would certainly still want to find her if you could, but after so long, the chances are pretty slim.  There are quite a few online lost pet sites that I would look through.  Here are a few that I found:

Bless you for taking this sweet kitty in.  Monkee would be so proud of you!  She is lucky that you found her.  It would probably not hurt her at all to have subQ fluids, if you know how to do it.  It's really easy.  Is she drinking enough water?  Also, you might think about boiling her some chicken and letting her drink the broth from that, and mixing chopped boiled chicken in with her food.  She probably would love that.  Thank goodness that she is eating and pooping good.  That is wonderful!!!
:)
Wendy

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"     ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~