  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lynne
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 2:14 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: new cat

Thank you Caroline.  You make a very good point.  I do intend to have
him retested in a few months.  I work in the medical field and am
somewhat familiar with  false positives and inadequate testing.  I'm not
gonna let one simple test decide that he has this disease.  However,
even if he does have it, it matters not one bit.  He's here to stay.  We
absolutely love him to pieces, even the 19 year old is accepting him
which I was worried about because Lennie has never had another cat in
the house.  We've only ever had 2 feline pets and both have reached 19
so the thought of BooBoo not making it to a ripe old age came as a bit
of a blow to me.  I know it shouldn't but we treat our cats like little
gods.  I'm going to keep on reading and educating myself about this and
do the best I can with the situation.

Lynne