  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 7:45 AM
  Subject: Overjoyed

  Just wanted to bring a positive note to you all.

  I took my FeLV girl Minstrel to the vet last week to check her mouth cos she
was showing dental signs. I'd had her checked at New Year just before Buddy
(FIV+) passed away and her gums were a little inflammed but not severe. Last
Friday she had 3 wobbly teeth and red gums so she'd had root infection travel
down. The vet said the pathology looked like what any cat can get and not
specifically just related to FeLV. She had 5 teeth out on Tuesday and came home
trying to get in the bag of cat biscuits bless her - but she is eating well
soft food complete with antibiotics sprinkled over and some painkiller for
couple of days. Anyway, whilst she was having pre-op bloods taken I asked them
to re-check her FeLV status as I know occassionally cats can rid themselves of
the virus and I just wanted to know either way. The vet phoned this morning
whenthe blood results came back from the lab and Minstral is now FeLV negative
:-) I didn't know whether to laugh or cry but I think I'll be opening the
champagne tonight. I could now even consider introducing a new cat into the
house (would obviously have to be FeLV - though but would mean Minstrel has
company when I'm at work - and helping any cat is better than helping none.
Need to book leave from work and consider carefully before that though - but
what a nice surprise.

  hugs and good wishes to all your kitties xxx

  Michelle, Minstrel, Angel Buddy & Angel Bramble

  AOL's new homepage has launched. Take a tour now.