right right. I forgot this.
Ask your vet?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rosenfeldt, Diane
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 3:27 PM
  Subject: RE: more bad news

  Lynne, I know how sad and disheartened you are, but please be aware, as
Kelley says, that all FIP tests are not created equal.  Most of the tests only
show the *presence* of the coronavirus, which actually is present in huge
numbers of cats without ever turning into FIP.  It has to mutate to become FIP
and make them ill, and it usually only happens in cats that are genetically
predisposed for this mutation.  I'm not saying that BooBoo doesn't have FIP,
just that unless the specific test Kelley mentions is performed, the diagnosis
can be inaccurate.  The general wisdom is that FIP can only really be
accurately diagnosed by necropsy.

  That being said, I'm so sorry you're going through this.  Hugs to both of you
and BooBoo.  You're doing a great job.

  Diane R.