You might also try mixing pumpkin with wet food to help with the diarrhea.  I
have cats (and a dog) that get diarrhea on antibiotics.

  I admire what you've taken on.  Good luck with all the cats you have rescued,
and welcome to the list.
  tonya

Gloria Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  What a loving thing you've done!  I do like interferon alpha, but find
different vets sell it for different prices.  I've found a less expensive
source locally and generally give 1/2 cc daily to FELV cats that are less than
3 yrs old, or if they're sick like yours.

  I've been using veterinary (not grocery store) kaopectate for diarrhea lately
and it's worked great - think it's good for coating the lining of the digestive
tract.  I started that because I ran out of Panacur, but it's working well.
The latest formulation of Kaopectate that you get in the grocery and drugs
stores contains an aspirin like substance that's harmful to cats.  At
Veterinarypartner.com, there's an article that says: "The old form of
Kaopectate contained only kaolin and pectin while later forms contained
attapulgite, all of which were very safe in animals due to the lack of systemic
absorption.  However, Kaopectate has recently developed a new formula that
contains the drug bismuth subsalicylate, a drug that can be toxic to cats. "

  So we got some of the old formula from a vet, and it works well.

  Best of luck,

  Gloria