Um, I just yesterday saw a raid in LA that almost made me vomit.
Literally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_kJ9nGiVis

Lots on this case in this blog:

http://laanimalwatch.blogspot.com/

California is definitely not on my list of safe places to own animals.

But I don't know about San Jose.

On 3/11/08, Susan Hoffman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Of course I am not in that area....but if she needs a shoulder to cry on I
> can call her tonight.  When will AC leave rescuers alone....
>
> Kelley
>
> On 3/11/08, Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello All,
> > I just got off the phone with Sally Foster.  Old timers may remember her
> > from the list.  We became friends years ago when I first joined the list and
> > Sally was kind enough to offer me her phone number so I could cry on her
> > shoulder.  Sally has been doing TNR and rescuing cats for years.  She's
> > always been so helpful and compassionate and I guess a little too open.  She
> > got into a discrepancy with one of her new foster parents about the best way
> > to care for kittens she placed with them and suspects that they were the
> > ones that turned her into animal control.  Yes, here we go with another
> > nightmare.  I think she said she had one officer visit the first time, (they
> > didn't enter the house, just talked with her about the conditions), then
> > they returned this week with a second officer and came inside.  They were
> > making noises like the conditions were too crowded, but they didn't indicate
> > what might be coming next.  I know that Sally has dealt with ac before and
> > that she has some sort of blessing from them to do rescue, I don't remember
> > if it's an actual permit or just verbal.
> >
> > Sally was wondering if I had contact info for rescues or individuals in
> > the bay area that might be able to help her foster cats.  Sally's computer
> > is down so any communication will have to be by phone or through my email.
> > Sally's phone number is 408-365-0330 if you think you might be able to lend
> > her some support or suggestions.  I'm sure that even some kind words would
> > be appreciated at this point.  She's so disheartened thinking that people
> > she trusted may have put her cats in jeopardy.
> >
> > Sally is especially concerned about 3 of her charges, that while
> > asymptomatic, have tested positive...  One is a friendly, outgoing orange
> > tuxy/tabby boy that has tested pos for fiv.  A marking on his face looks
> > like a Mercedes Benz emblem so she's been calling him Benz.  The other two
> > are littermates that tested pos for felv about 2 weeks ago.  They are 7 mos
> > old.  The little boy had swollen glands and the little girl had runny eyes,
> > but since she's started them on feline interferon injections they are
> > symptom free and playful.  She's a long haired tortie and he's an orange
> > tuxy/tabby.
> >
> > Thank you for allowing me to reach out to you guys when I've been away
> > from the list for so long.  Please cross post to anyone that you think might
> > be able to help.  I do miss you all and wish you so many blessings.  Some
> > day I hope to have the strength and energy to participate the way I used to.
> > Nina
> >

> --
>
> http://www.rescuties.org
>
> Vist the Rescuties store and save a kitty life!

http://www.rescuties.org

Check out our Memsaic!