I tried calling last night but got voicemail. Lefft my name and number but have
not heard back from her.

  I have always had a negative impression of ac too but I have seen really good
rescue/ac working relationships in the SF/Bay Area and my local ac really
impressed me with their light touch during my house fire in August and in the
current dealings with a really ugly hoarder situation.

Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Thank you Susan and Kelley for your replies and concern.  I'm sure Sally will
appreciate any help or advice you can give her.  I have an unreasonable fear of
animal control, I think of them like I would the gestapo.  Sally doesn't seem
to be panicking the way I might, but she is quickly taking steps to address any
concerns they may have and to locate additional fosters for the cats in her
possession.
Say a prayer everybody,
Nina

    SHE HAS TO MOVE THE CATS.  I don't care if she has to board them, or
whatever, but if AC has been there, they ARE COMING BACK.  For that matter if I
absolutely had to I would let them outside to keep AC from getting their evil
hands on them, but that would be a last resort...

  Please, for the safety of the cats, she has to move them.

  Of course I am not in that area....but if she needs a shoulder to cry on I
can call her tonight.  When will AC leave rescuers alone....

  Kelley

Re: Sally Foster needs some help in the San Fran area      From:
Susan Hoffman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>      Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:24:10 -0700 (PDT)      To:
felvtalk@felineleukemia.org          To:
felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  California and Texas are really different.  We have very specific laws on the
books governing seizures, very rescue friendly state laws.  Sally is in the San
Jose area, about an hour south of me.

  I'll call her and get some details.  I know California rescue law pretty
well.  Let me find out what's going on here.  She is likely to have a grace
period to improve conditions and network with other rescues to make
arrangements for the animals.  But let me find out what's really going on.