Hi everyone,

I thank you all so much for your caring & insightful replies!

It appears the problem is Hobbs' liver, his bilirubin is very high.   They
are suggesting a regimen of meds including Denocil, baytril, amox.,
Cartinine & Arginine, and fluids.   BW suggested an infection which may be
the reason for the antibiotics.

They also suggested doing X-ray/ultrasound/fine needle aspirate & cytology
for the liver.   I asked if we can start the meds and see how he responds.
If anyone has comments on this it is appreciated.   My rescue vet bills were
$1,100 last week and I hate considering money, but the vet did say we could
proceed that way...I also thought sedating for the aspirate might not be
good if he's so weak?

What we are trying to figure out now is if it's best to hospitalize him for
3 days for fluids as suggested, or, for my friend to take him home where she
can watch over him more during the night (my vet's does not have staff there
overnight).   She can't do fluids so would have to bring him back each day
for fluids if so.   I think that would be stressful, but it might be best
for him to be at home....especially if he took a turn for the worse, I don't
think she'd like his last moments to be in the hospital if possible.   I am
always boarding cats so they can get proper care but in this case am not
sure which is best, kind of a toss up.

Karen, if you have suggestions now that we know that the liver seems to be
the issue, it's appreciated or I can give you a call.   A good rescue friend
suggested SamE, but I think the Denocil is like an RX version that might
have some further benefits if I'm understanding correctly.

Thank you all....I haven't been active in the group but always scan the
messages and pray for all of our kitties.

Blessings to you all--and especially to your furry ones,

Heather