Thanks Beth,

  Bob has always had problems with his kidneys/bladder.  He had surgery for
bladder stones at a young age.  He tested positive for felv when he was young
and then later tested negative.  He has constantly had blood in his urine, has
had bladder, kidney infections, etc.. his entire life.  He's around 15 now.
He's my old buddy.  We have ALL (up  to 15 at times) had to eat prescription
diets since Bob had bladderstones. lol.  We were all on Royal Canin S/O, but
we've recently switched to science diet kd canned and dry (mostly canned).

Beth Noren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
      Hi Tonya,
  Sounds like Bob is having problems very similar to what we are now going
through with Will Feral.  He began spraying a few weeks ago, blood has been in
the urine off and on.  X-ray was clear, urinalysis had no crystals, good ph, no
blockage.  Dx was "interstitial cystitis".  He did 2 weeks of Clavamox with no
improvement.  He is now on a glucosamine/chondroitin drug made for cats.  It's
called Dasuquin, it also has "avacado/soybean unsaponifables" added to it,
probably just something to make it unique and patentable and doubly expensive.
I mix 2 capsules with a tablespoon of Fancy Feast every morning and he scarfs
it down.  Didn't seem to be helping so the vet has added 1 more drug, Elavil
(Amitriptyline) 5mg per day by pill popper.  It is an anti-depressant but is
also supposed to have anti-inflammatory properties.  4 days into it he still
had bloody urine, we're at 1 week now, haven't seen any puddles in a couple of
days, but he may just be hiding his squatting better.
  He's still playing fetch with his mouse and eating well.  We haven't done the
prescription food yet as it is difficult to feed it to just one of 5.  I have
decreased the amount of dry food they all get and have increased the wet.  I
also read some good tips somewhere (maybe I got the link here?) on getting them
to drink more water.  I now leave a bowl on the end table by the couch where he
always tries to steal sips from my glass.  They all love drinking at that spot
now.  I put the L-lysine into this water.  Here are Will's blood values for
comparison:
  Creatnine - 2.1    (0.8-2.4)  *HIGH NORMAL
  Bun - 35   (16-36)  *HIGH NORMAL
  Na - 162 mmol/L   (150-165)
  K - 4 mmol/L   (3.5-5.8)
  Cl - 120 mmol/L   (112-129)
  HCT - 37.4   (30-45)

  I'll holler if the Elavil, (or anything else) seems to work.

  Kind regards,
  Beth, Blue, Moxie. Dash, Scooter, and Will Feral