I have been feeding a dumpster colony of kitties for several months with the
goal of doing TNR (trap/neuter/release) for those that I can not rescue.  Of
the 3 kittens I rescued 2, Sissy and Rocket, were FeLV+.  They are about 9
months old now and are doing well.  Both have test positive twice.

Their sister, Daisy, had a litter before I was able to TNR her.  The kittens
were approx. 4 weeks old when I got them.  I took them because 1 had both eyes
stuck shut and 1 had 1 eye stuck shut.  The next day I was finally able to trap
Daisy using a kitten as bait in the carrier.    Daisy has since been spayed and
released.  The babies have received one worm treatment, got terramycin salve in
their eyes for a week, and have lysine added to their food.

It appears that Mattie will be blind.  She is the biggest of the 4 and very
feisty.   I had her tested and the vet said she was very, very, very FeLV+.  No
idea what 3 verys mean.  CJ may have some limited vision in her bad eye.
Bright Eyes and Houdini (escaped from the dog crate twice now) seem healthy.
I am adding L-Lysine and Mega C Plus to their food.  I am looking for advice on
what else I can do to help them throw off this virus.

They will each be tested when I have them spayed.   Sissy and Rocket were
several months old when I rescued them.  Didn't know if starting treatments
earlier would improve the odds that they could beat this.   Any advise on how
to proceed with now 5 1/2 wk old kittens would be appreciated.

By the way Stormie, same colony but different Mom from Sissy, Rocket and Daisy,
tested negative.  I did not have Daisy tested.  I knew I could not afford to
keep her if she was positive and simply do not have the disposition to have
a cat PTS simply because she is positive.   At least she will not have any more
litters.  There is one more sister, Mae, that I have been trying to trap for
TNR.
Sharyl Sissy, Rocket and the babies