  From: Diane Rosenfeldt
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2008 6:42 PM
  Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] ot-next problem

  LOL, MC!  But absolutely correctamundo.  At one point we had two hyper-t
cats, and they took the same pills (tapezole/methimazole) in different dosages.
 We used to keep whole, half and quarter pills pre-cut in 3 separate pill
bottles.  Pill splitting day was like an exercise in higher math...  I can't
imagine a vet not knowing about hyper-t in cats!!  But the upside is it's
pretty treatable and the pills aren't outrageously expensive, if you go the
pill route.  I understand it can also be compounded into a cream and rubbed
onto their ears but my vet doesn't think it's as effective that way.

  Diane R.