You can also give fluids subcutaneously . Basically you would use a
syringe and go just under the skin and inject sterile water. You can get
the water at any grocery store. I have used this method before. You can
do it about every hour to two hours. I did this with not only one of my
kittens and two adult cats, but also with a 1 1/2 week old puppy. It can
be tiring. Also there is a formula that I use to help them along.

One can of evaporated goats milk
One cup of PLAIN yogart ( do not use lowfat or flavored)
One egg yolk
Two teaspoons of karo syrup
Mix all together and and try putting it in a bowl for him. If he will
not drink on his own then use a dropper or syringe to slowly give him
some. My kitties seem to LOVE this formula, It is high in calories and
will keep glucose levels up.

Wendy